County Fair time is one of the best times of the year! We encourage all Michiana Residents to participate in the various events in the Home and Family Arts Department at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
Complete contest rules and regulations are available in the 2019 Home and Family Arts Open Class Booklet.
Open Class Departments
- Culinary Arts includes Baking, Cake Decorating, and Food Preservation-Canning and Miscellaneous
- Children’s Corner
- Clothing Construction
- Creative Arts
- Quilts: Individual and Team/Group
Open Class Fashion Show
Do you enjoy sewing? We would love to see you in our Fashion Show!
- Entries are due July 1, 2019
- Judging is Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
- Fashion Show Results are announced during the Open House show Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
- Download Fashion Show Instructions and Entry Form
Special Food Contests
These special contests are a fun way to show your creativity in cooking, baking and grilling, and even win a great prize sponsored by local businesses.
- July 18: President's Item: Chocolate Raspberry Cream Pie
- July 20: Crock Pot Contest: Main Dish and Vegetables
- July 20: Year of the Pumpkin
- July 22: Dairy Delicious
- July 23: Longest Apple Peel
- July 23: Senior Citizen's Cookie
- July 24: Green Beans
- July 25: Fresh Salsa
- July 26: Bursting with Blueberries
- July 27: Best of Michiana Ribs
- July 27: The Great Homemade Ice Cream Crank-off
- July 27: Byler Lienhart Cook-off Special Contest