Mini 4-H (Grades K-2)
Mini 4-H is a program designed to encourage positive development of children, Kindergarten through second grade (though not all counties are able to offer this to all grades). The goal of Mini 4-H is to help young children explore friendships outside the family; explore the way in which things work; practice both small and large muscle control; and think about the ways people work together on projects.
The NON-COMPETITIVE learning environment for Mini 4-H includes:
- Planned learning activities in which children are invited to be active and explore materials and ideas without the pressure of completing a specific product or exhibit.
- Low adult/leader to child ratio that allows time for adults/leaders to provide individual, positive encouragement and assistance.
- Simple, interesting activities that are fun.
- Encouragement of children to participate in a group activity by sharing and or displaying their activity projects.
- Rewards that are identical and/or ribbons of the same color for everyone.
Click here to enroll in Mini 4-H.
There is no limit to the number of projects youth can sign up for, however, we suggest starting out with one or two your first year.
Mini 4-H Projects