A program and cooking school for type 2 diabetics.
Dining with Diabetes is a five session program designed especially for those who have type 2 diabetes, or cook for someone with type 2 diabetes. This program will help participants learn the skills needed to promote good health and includes:
- planning meals and snacks with delicious and healthy recipes
- cooking demonstrations and food sampling
- motivation and support--connect with others who are living with diabetes
- ideas for being more active
- an understanding of how diabetes affects their overall health
Dining with Diabetes consists of four sessions and a follow-up two months later. Adults with type 2 diabetes and their family members, caregivers and support persons are invited to participate. The cost is $25.00 per individual, $40.00 per couple if they are going to share a program notebook.
Dates for the program are April 4, 11, 17, and May 2 with the follow-up planned for June 20th. Classes will be offered at two different times of the day: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Registration is due by March 29th. For more information, call 812-265-8919.