The 4-H shooting sports project teaches safe operation of firearms and archery equipment. Volunteer instructors must be certified at a workshop. Six disciplines are offered at the state level: archery, hunting, muzzle loading, pistol, rifle, and shotgun. The disciplines offered in any county will depend on the availability of certified 4-H shooting sports instructors to teach the classes, ranges, and equipment.
4-H Shooting Sports Program offers:
The objectives of the 4-H Shooting Sports Program are:
- To involve youth in a development program
- To teach shooting skills and safety
- To develop leadership and citizenship skills
- To provide a vehicle for family involvement
- To foster the education and development of volunteers
- To promote positive relationships with peers and adults
- To offer career exploration opportunities
- To have self-discipline and self-esteem
- To have fun!
More information, forms and/or manuals, click here (this will take you to the state site).