Have a friend with a special hobby or interest that they’d be interested in sharing with youth? Send them our way. Have a few kids with an interest they’d like to explore? Let’s find an adult to work with them! Any topic could work… whether a “normal” 4-H project area or not! How about inve$ting? Or running? Or writing? Or disc golf? Or ANYTHING! Spark clubs can happen ANY TIME OF THE YEAR.
So What is a SPARK Club?
- Designed to capture the attention of youth with interests that are more “out of the box” (such as web design, music, drama, martial arts, sports, etc.)
- Members focus on the same project or area of interest – likely very different from state-recognized 4-H projects;
- Members pay the state 4-H program fee (only one time no matter how many clubs);
- Open to youth in grades 3-12;
- SPARK Clubs end their program with a culminating event or activity;
- Minimum of 6 hours of instructional time;
- SPARK Club volunteers bring their subject matter mastery to the club
Have an idea? Have questions? Email Joan at email@example.com.