SUPERINTENDENTS: Ed & Lora Monix 935-5262
Monroe County Achievement Record Sheet required
- All exhibits will consist of one bottle rocket made from a 2-liter, plastic soda bottle. Plans for the construction of a bottle rocket are included in the project manual. The basic plans may be altered by the member.
- This project will be exhibited by grade level.
Level 1: Grades 3 – 6 Level 2: Grades 7 – 8 Level 3: Grades 9 - 12
- Bottle rockets will be judged based upon creativity of the rocket and basic design. The basic design may be altered in any way.
- Painting and decals are optional.
- Rocket base is optional. It may be used to enhance your rocket.
- It will be up to the discretion of the judge whether a champion will be selected in each division.
A completed bottle rocket consists of
- A 2-liter plastic bottle
- Nose cone (can be modified from enclosed design in manual)
- 3-4 fins
- ½ cup sand/gravel (in Ziploc bag) OR modeling clay
Rocket Shoot-Off: 4-H members will be given the opportunity to launch their rocket. Rocket launching is NOT required but your rocket is required to be made to launch.
No State Fair Entry