SUPERINTENDENT: Ashley Allgood 812-325-2651
Monroe County Achievement Record Sheet required
Consumer Clothing Record Sheet required in notebook
Participation of young men and women in Consumer Clothing will be by grade.
Beginning: Grades 3 – 5
Intermediate: Grades 6 – 8
Advanced: Grades 9 - 12
- Participants will select and model a garment they have purchased. This accounts for 30% of the project.
Beginning: Purchase an item of clothing to go along with other clothes you already have (example: jeans, slacks, sweater, shirt, etc.). Purchase an accessory to go along with your garment purchase (example: shoes, belt, jewelry, socks, hair accessory, etc.). Spending limit is $25.00 total. Complete one activity from each group in the manual. Write your results or answers and include your results in your notebook (see below for all contents of notebook). Please label each activity.
Intermediate: Purchase a casual or school outfit and accessorize it. You may purchase accessories or select from items you already own. Spending limit is $60.00 total. Complete one activity from each group in the manual. Write your results or answers and include your results in your notebook (see below for all contents of notebook). Please label each activity.
Advanced: Choose an outfit and accessorize it (should be a career building outfit, jeans are not considered as part of a career wardrobe builder). You may purchase accessories or select from items you already own. Spending limit is unlimited. Complete one activity from each group in the manual. Write your results or answers and include your results in your notebook (see below for all contents of notebook). Please label each activity. If a member has completed all activities in the manual in prior years, the member is to consult with their extension educator, leader, or mentor to create an activity. When assembling the exhibit notebook be sure to include a note to the judge explaining how the activity was determined and the intended objectives.
- Notebooks, counting 40% of the project, are to be 3-ring binder (1”-1½”) that includes:
- Title page (Name, Years in 4-H, Club, project, etc.)
- Table of contents
- Picture of purchased garment and/or accessories
- Hang tags and receipt page
- Five wardrobe pictures (no larger than 4x6) using parts of the exhibit garment with your existing wardrobe.
- One labeled activity from each of the activity groups in the project manuals. For each activity, write out the activity as stated in the manual. Include all details about completing the activities, including charts and/or graphs if applicable. Also include photos (up to two per activity) of participant completing activities. When repeating an age group, new activities will be required if in second year or above. Previous activity pages must be labeled and included in the notebook. Include previous activities from current age division only.
- A short essay on the choice of the garment you purchased. Include why you purchased it and how it can be used with other wardrobe items you already have.
- Record Sheet
Neatness, spelling & grammar are important. Please have someone proofread your finished notebook.
**For personal safety concerns, notebooks exhibited should only contain name, county, grade, level and club and no personally identifiable information such as mailing address or phone number
- All participants will be interviewed by the judge about your purchase, what you’ve learned and the activities you completed. This portion of the project is 30% of the total placement.
- All exhibitors must participate in both the private judging and Fashion Revue at the fair, as well as have notebook and purchased garment(s) on display at the 4-H Building to complete the project and receive awards. Please check entering and judging times with the superintendent or in the fair schedule.
State Fair Entry: ONE notebook entry from each division
Check our Pinterest boards at https://www.pinterest.com/monroecountyin4h/boards/ for more ideas.