SUPERINTENDENT: David Allgood 812-606-8442
Monroe County Achievement Record Sheet required
Exhibits must be a small scale replica and meet the following criteria:
- Must be of injected styrene plastics
- At least 25% of the exhibit must be painted
- Wood, paper, clay, die-cast, or snap together models are not permitted
- Screws are not permitted
- Pre-painted or pre-decaled factory models are not permitted
- Legos are not considered models and are to be exhibited in the Lego Division
- If the model is being built from a kit, include a copy of the instructions with the craft information card.
Note: Please attach (to the project) a 4-H Craft Information Card (4-H-618A-W) with a description of work completed on the project. This form is available on our website at https://extension.purdue.edu/monroe/article/4643 or at the Extension Office.
DIVISION 1: Grade 3-6
- Exhibit one plastic model (Skill Level 2), gluing required, assembled from a purchased model kit. Painting required and detailing is suggested (this may include stickers). No metal-body models.
DIVISION 2: Grade 7 - 12
- Exhibit one of the following:
- Diorama–Construct a base measure not over 20” x 20” and a landscape in which to set your model(s) (Skill Level 3 or above).
- One or more (up to four) different models from kits. Should be as complete in painting and workmanship as possible (Skill Level 3 or above).
- Funny Model (up to three) made using extra parts and/or extra paint.
- If exhibiting two or more models, they MUST be on a base measuring not over 20” x 20”.
- No metal-body models.
For more information on skill levels, you can use the following website: https://hobbyandtoycentral.com/?q=blog/beginner%E2%80%99s-guide-model-building-part-1-4-part-series
State Fair Entry: The Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion may be chosen as part of the craft entries