SUPERINTENDENTS: Ed & Lora Monix 812-935-5262
Monroe County Achievement Record Sheet required
Exhibits will be judged as follows:
LEVEL A: Grades 3 - 4
LEVEL B: Grades 5 - 6
LEVEL C: Grades 7- 9
LEVEL D: Grades 10 - 12
Exhibit Requirements at all levels to complete this project:
- Notebook report
- Display board: display boards differ from a poster in that real objects are normally used rather than drawings or pictures. Three-dimensional items are attached to the board.
State Fair Entry
TRACTOR DRIVING (PETROLEUM POWER OPERATORS CONTEST)
Junior Division: Contestants must be in grades 3-7 on January 1 of the current year.
Senior Division: Contestants must be in grades 8-12 on January 1 of the current year.
Contests: Lawn and Garden Tractor, Zero Turn Lawnmower, and Ag Tractor
- Must be currently enrolled in the Monroe County 4-H Program.
- Attend county training meetings.
- Contestants will take a written exam over topics covered in manuals.
- Contestants are judged on safety at all times while at the contest site: before, during, and after their contest operation. At the discretion of the judges, unsafe operation may disqualify a contestant.
- The driving order should be determined by allowing the contestants to draw numbers.
- The penalty scoring system is to be used. Unanswered or incorrectly answered questions and violations of rules draw penalty points for the contestant. In each division the contestant who completes the event with the lowest total score or number of penalty points is the contest winner.
- The driving event is timed and scored on the basis of one-penalty point for each second of operation. However, penalty points for safety violations, hit stakes, etc. are severe enough that the importance of speed is minimized.
- In both divisions, failure to complete the course in eight minutes results in the driver being assessed a penalty of 400 points.
- In case of a tie score for an award, the tie is broken using the contestants’ scores in the specific scoring categories (in this order): safety, written exam, parts identification, obstacle course score (lawn and garden tractor operation on course), and time on course.
TRACTOR DRIVING CONTEST: Saturday, June 22 at 11:00 am.