SUPERINTENDENT: Patty Hill 812-336-3064 or 812-320-8192
Mary Adams 812-322-7371
Monroe County Achievement Record Sheet required
This is a perishable exhibit and must be entered on Saturday, June 27
- All cupcakes must be standard size and round, except for the Advanced Level, which may be any size or shape.
- Cupcakes will be judged for taste, creativity, decorating skills, appearance, and following the rules.
- You may not use more advanced techniques than your grade level.
- All decorations on the cupcake must be edible.
- No wired, cardboard, or other tiered cupcake stand may be used. Cupcakes must be displayed on a flat board.
- The board may be any shape and you may decorate the board to showcase your theme.
- You may attach your cupcakes to the board with icing, rolled up tape, or any other method.
- An extra cupcake must be brought that is not part of your display for the judge to taste.
BEGINNER: Grades 3-5
- Exhibit 6 individual decorated cupcakes, all decorated alike, using only icing.
- Cupcakes must be displayed on a flat surface no larger than 13” x 13”, such as a 9”x13” cardboard, 12” circle, or 12” square.
- Beginners use a cake mix with no extra ingredients and decorator icing.
INTERMEDIATE: Grades 6-8
- Exhibit 12 to 18 cupcakes decorated in a theme.
- Cupcakes must be displayed on a flat surface no larger than 24” X 24”.
- In addition to the icing, other edible items may be used in your decorations, such as candies, cookies, marshmallows, sprinkles, etc.
- Intermediate level uses a cake mix, but changes it in some way to go along with the theme, such as an autumn theme – add pumpkin, or school theme – add applesauce.
- Make your own decorator’s icing.
- Bring a 5” X 8” card telling how you changed the cake mix and your icing recipe.
ADVANCED: Grades 9-12
- Exhibit 18 or more cupcakes decorated in a theme.
- Cupcakes may be displayed individually or together to make a shape to go with the theme.
- Cupcakes must be displayed on a board no larger than 30” X 30”. The cupcakes may be stacked for a 3D display using candy sticks or other edible items.
- Fondant, gum paste, color flow, and other advanced icings may be used.
- Use a recipe from scratch for both your cupcakes and icing. No cake mixes allowed.
- Bring a copy of both recipes with you for judging.
No State Fair Entry
Check our Pinterest boards at https://www.pinterest.com/monroecountyin4h/boards/ for more ideas.