Have you started your projects yet? The Miami County 4-H Fair will be here before you know it. The fair dates this year are June 23-29, 2019. The pre-fair judging will be held on Thursday, June 20 & Friday, June 21. The handbook contains all the important dates and instructions that you will need to be successful at this year's fair. Make sure you look at the judging schedule and the specific rules for your project(s)! Paper copies of the 4-H handbook will not be available until after January 1. There are a few rule changes county and state wide. If for any reason after reading the 2019 Handbook requirements, you decide to drop or add projects, you can handle that online using your 4HOnline account. Always check the handbook before starting your project! Project changes are made in the handbook. If the manual and the handbook conflict, follow the 2019 4-H Handbook requirements.
Summary of 2019 Fair Changes
- New Projects: Mini 4-H Health & Safety, Mini 4-H Poultry & Mini 4-H Rabbit
- Mini 4-H may exhibit 1 entry per building category (NO LIMITS on grade levels!) Limit 2 livestock species per member.
- You can show 3 Dairy Feeders this year instead of only 2.
- Grand & Reserve Grand Champion Dairy Feeder awards
- Dairy Feeders over 550 pounds will be moved into the Lightweight Dairy Steer Class
- Added a Dairy Beef Steer Class
- Royal Showmanship participants will be provided a shirt to wear for the competition.
- Horses have been added to the Royal Showman contest.
- Horses will be checked in with Beef, Dairy, Goat, Guinea Pig, Poultry, Rabbit & Sheep from 6 AM - 12:00 PM on Monday of the fair.
- Photography exhibitors may exhibit one exhibit in each photography category (up to 5).
- Arts & Crafts exhibitors may exhibit one exhibit in each category (up to 4).