Be the Difference
Support those who are in crisis or in need of help
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid is a course to educate individuals about how to interact with and support someone who may be developing a mental health issue or experiencing a crisis.
Like CPR, Mental Health First Aid helps participants feel confident providing assistance and support to someone in distress.
Mental Health First Aid is offered by Purdue Extension facilitators. Facilitators are certified to teach this evidence-based program by the National Council for Mental Wellbeing.
Purdue Extension can bring this often life-saving course to your community, organization, or business. No prior training is required.
Find A Course
What Do I Learn?
Mental Health First Aid helps participants:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of several mental health issues
- Gain new perspectives about the stigma surrounding mental health struggles
- Learn how to start conversations with those at risk and to encourage them to seek help
- Understand how to connect someone with appropriate professional and community resources
- Identify adaptive coping strategies and establish a self-care action plan