What's happening in Lake County 4-H? Our mission is "to provide real-life educational opportunities that develop young people who positively impact their community and world". Refer to the meeting minutes below to learn more about how our adult volunteers are striving to achieve this. All 4-H volunteers, parents/guardians, and members are welcome to attend meetings of these committees and may request to be included on the agenda. County committee is a larger committee with 3 sub-committees.
Lake County 4-H Club, Inc. (County Committee)
- Consists of all enrolled Lake County 4-H volunteers.
- The Committee's responsibilities include needs assessment and program planning, member recruitment, volunteer development and recognition, and financial support for programming.
- The Committee also ensures that county 4-H policies are consistent with state and national policies and resolves conflicts relating to those policies.
- The work of the Committee is coordinated by an elected Board of Directors, consisting of sixteen adult volunteers and two Junior Leaders.
- Below are the sub-committees of county committee with the requirements that must be met to be on the committee.
Adult Leaders Committee
- Consists of all currently enrolled Lake County 4-H volunteers.
- Consists of all livestock project superintendents (Beef, Dairy, Goat, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep, and Swine) and is open to all enrolled Lake County 4-H volunteers.
- Responsible for the Lake County 4-H Livestock Auction.
- Prepares updates to Auction requirements and policies, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
Horse & Pony Committee
- Consists of all Lake County Horse & Pony Club leaders, Horse & Pony Club assistant leaders, and Horse & Pony project leaders of clubs with a minimum of three members enrolled in the Horse & Pony project. (A Horse & Pony Club is defined as a club with over 50% of its membership enrolled in the Horse & Pony project or a self-declared Horse & Pony Club of record.)
- Carries out the business of the Lake County 4-H Horse & Pony program.
- Prepares updates to Horse & Pony project requirements and policies, subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
Minutes from recent meetings are available below. Please note that minutes are not final until they have been approved at the subsequent meeting, and they may be amended at that time.