You're invited to attend the 2020 Purdue Top Farmer Conference, which will take place on Friday, January 10, 2020 at the Beck Agricultural Center in West Lafayette, Indiana. The Center for Commercial Agriculture has brought together a great conference line-up featuring some of the nation's top experts on marketing, risk management, climate and crop production. A pre-conference workshop focused entirely on risk management strategies you can use on your farm is also available. The pre-conference workshop will take place during the afternoon of Thursday, January 9, 2020. Both the conference and the pre-conference are offered by Purdue's Center for Commercial Agriculture.
In addition to Purdue faculty, this year's conference agenda features faculty experts from Iowa State, Illinois, Nebraska and Wyoming. Topics include:
- Long- and short-term agricultural outlook
- Recent farmland value trends and a farmland outlook
- Use and impact of cover crops on Corn Belt farming operations
- Relative merits of USDA's ARC and PLC programs as you prepare for Farm Bill sign-up
- Managing weather risk in the Corn Belt
- What farmers are telling us about the data they collect and its impact on decision making
- Discussion with Purdue's top crop production scientists about 2020 crop management
Jason Henderson, Director of Purdue Extension, explains why the Purdue Top Farmer Conference is valuable to attend for farmers and agribusinesses. Watch the video now!
Register today or contact us for more information!