Beef up your grooming skills!
Junior (grades 3 – 5)
Intermediate (grades 6 – 8)
Senior (grades 9 – 12)
Master Groomer (open to those that have won the Senior Grooming Activity)
Questions? Contact the Coordinators Matt Hayden at 219-746-5714 or Dave Monix at 219-405-5936
- Coaching from sidelines will not be permitted.
- Contestants are required to exhibit their own calf.
- During the contest, JUNIOR exhibitors may have ONE current 4-H beef member give them VERBAL assistance.
- If 4-H Beef member is unable to exhibit their own animal at the fair, he/she may participate in the Beef Grooming Activity by borrowing another member's calf. Selection will be done by the Beef Superintendents.
- No pre-grooming. The animal should be washed and dried. Nothing should be added to the animal prior to the grooming contest once it is dry.
- Teams to consist of a Senior-level team leader and up to four younger members. Leader will coach only. Team members and animals will be selected by superintendents.
- A Champion in each division may be awarded.
- Entries will be accepted until judging of that level and category has been completed.