Learn more about your favorite sport or athlete and make a poster. Fill it with fun facts, pictures, and anything else you find that is interesting about that sport. Like old sports, look one up and do a project on that!
Level A (grades 3-4)
Level B (grades 5-6)
Level C (grades 7-9)
Level D (grades 10-12)
No manual; however, a Lake County record sheet must be completed (attached below)
**Only a Lake County Record Sheet is needed**
General Exhibit Requirements
Record Sheet Required (No Manual)
See the requirements according to levels below.
Level A (grades 3-4), choose one:
- Exhibit a poster of a sport. May include conditioning required, equipment needed and pictures or drawings of the sport.
- Exhibit a poster of a sport. Explain safety issues and equipment or rules used for safety, fitness requirements, and pictures or drawings of this sport.
Level B (grades 5-6), choose one:
- Exhibit a poster on history of a sport. May include historical rule changes, historical figures, etc. Can be same sport as previous years.
- Exhibit a poster about a famous person in a sport.
Level C (grades 7-9), choose one:
- Exhibit a poster on your participation in a sport. Include pictures and explain how this sport has affected your life. Include conditioning requirements.
- Exhibit a poster on a famous person currently in a sport. May include statistics, honors, team affiliations, pictures or drawings of this person, names of figures in the past who played this position, etc. Must be a different person from previous years.
- Exhibit a poster on a person who invented a sport. Include pictures if possible.
Level D (grades 10-12), choose one:
- Exhibit poster on the lifestyle an athlete should maintain to remain competitive. May include topics such as nutrition, conditioning, drug abuse, etc.
- Exhibit a poster on a present or past sports figure and a description of his/her career. Must be a different person and sport each year.
- Exhibit a poster on major rule changes for a sport from an elementary to professional level, e.g. Little League to professional baseball.
Interested in sponsoring a trophy or award for this project? Please contact the project superintendent or Extension Office at 219-755-3240 to learn more!