The 4-H lawn and garden tractor and equipment program provides youth with educational information that develops project skills (i.e., principles of engine operation, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, safe operation) and life skills (i.e., decision-making, using science and technology, developing communication skills). These fun-filled, hands-on learning experiences are provided under the direction of caring adults.
Junior (grades 3-7)
Senior (grades 8-12)
No manual required
SCORECARDS can be found at the state website through the link above
- Members may participate in both Agricultural and Lawn & Garden Tractor contests but winners will only be eligible to compete in one group at Area Contest. Lawn & Garden Tractor may include a Zero-Turn Mower class.
- See newsletter and calendar for schedule of project activities.
- Contest consists of parts ID (pictures), written quiz, and driving course. Written tests serve as record sheet.
- 4-H member may submit safety poster instead of driving.
- See Indiana 4-H website (Projects/Tractor) for parts ID pictures and quiz materials.
Interested in sponsoring a trophy or award for this project? Please contact the project superintendent or Extension Office at 219-755-3240 to learn more!