Tablesetting gives youth the chance to set formal and informal settings properly for different events. They will have to do eight settings within the year and then display one at the fair. Get creative with the settings that you do!
Level A (grades 3-4)
Level B (grades 5-6)
Level C (grades 7-9)
Level D (grades 10-12)
No manual; however, a Lake County record sheet must be completed (attached below)
**Only a Lake County Record Sheet is needed**
General Exhibit Requirements
Record Sheet Required (No Manual)
- Record at least eight table setting occasions during the year on your record sheet.
- The exhibit display allows the member to arrange a table setting for one person. Display is to be made with supplies from home. Expensive china, silver, etc. should be replaced with inexpensive items after judging. Pictures of the original items may be displayed with exhibit.
- The maximum space available for each setting is 24”x18” on a hard display board surface. If a tablecloth is to be used, place setting should be on proper color display board or have tablecloth wrapped on display board surface.
- The party favor is to be made by the member and must be included in the space allowed. It may be made of such items as fresh, artificial, dried and/or paper materials. The favor is not a prop; it is an item for your guest to take with them.
- No fireworks or centerpieces are allowed.
- A menu on a 3”x5” index card is mandatory. Menu should include theme of meal, an appetizer, entrée, dessert, and beverage(s). Food should be appropriate to theme and age appropriate for attendees (e.g. child’s birthday party).
- Only member and superintendent are allowed at the table at set-up/judging. Set-up will be done before judge, unless the member is not staying (then they will set-up in front of the superintendent). One day will be set aside for early check-in for this project. See superintendent.
Interested in sponsoring a trophy or award for this project? Please contact the project superintendent or Extension Office at 219-755-3240 to learn more!