The Arts and Crafts 4-H project allows youth to learn life skills and grow in project knowledge while expressing creativity in a variety of mediums. Fine arts is a project that allows you to express yourself by drawing and painting. Almost any medium and technique is included but be sure to check the requirements for your level. Have fun and be artistic!
Level A (grades 3-4)
Level B (grades 5-6)
Level C (grades 7-9)
Level D (grades 10-12)
No manual required; however, a Lake County record sheet must be completed (attached below)
**Only a Lake County Record Sheet is needed**
General Exhibit Requirements
Arts & Crafts Record Sheet Required (No Manual)
- Exhibits include oil, charcoal, pastels, pencil, ink, acrylic, or watercolor on canvas, canvas board or paper.
- 4-H member may exhibit up to two entries in different media.
- Exhibit must be framed as a picture and prepared for hanging. Exhibits will be hung from hooks and should have a sturdy picture hanger, wire, etc. on back. Canvas art on a wooden frame is considered prepared for hanging provided that the frame has a hanger.
- Exhibit may not be preprinted, such as ‘paint by number’.
- Members are expected to improve skills each year.
- There are two State Fair entries.
Interested in sponsoring a trophy or award for this project? Please contact the project superintendent or Extension Office at 219-755-3240 to learn more!