The Arts and Crafts 4-H project allows youth to learn life skills and grow in project knowledge while expressing creativity in a variety of mediums. Basic Craft Other allows you to turn in three different pieces of art or craft! If your project does not fit into other arts and crafts this may be the project for you!
Level A (grades 3-4)
Level B (grades 5-6)
Level C (grades 7-9)
Level D (grades 10-12)
No manual required; however, a Lake County record sheet must be completed (attached below)
**Only a Lake County Record Sheet is needed**
General Exhibit Requirements
Arts & Crafts Record Sheet Required (No Manual)
- 4-H members may exhibit up to three entries (one item in each category, e.g. one string art, one decoupage, one wood craft).
- Projects are expected to increase in difficulty each year.
- If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, attach a photograph showing how you would like them displayed.
- Certain craft items may fit in more than one project category. If there is a question as to which project an item belongs in, the exhibitor shall decide. If the project superintendent, general superintendents, and educators determine that the exhibit does not meet the requirements of that project and will be disqualified, it may be moved to a more appropriate project, if possible. An individual exhibitor may not enter identical or nearidentical craft items in multiple project categories; if so, the item judged first will remain and additional one(s) will be removed and no completion, grade, or premium will be awarded.
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion may be selected for State Fair entry (Crafts).
Interested in sponsoring a trophy or award for this project? Please contact the project superintendent or Extension Office at 219-755-3240 to learn more!