The 4-H agricultural tractor and machinery program provides youth with educational information about agricultural tractors and machinery that develops project skills (i.e., principles of engine operation, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, safe operation) and life skills (i.e., decision making, using science and technology, developing communication skills). These fun-filled, hands-on learning experiences are provided under the direction of caring adults.
Junior (grades 3-7)
Senior (grades 8-12)
General Exhibit Requirements
- Members may participate in both Agricultural and Lawn & Garden Tractor contests but winners will only be eligible to compete in one group at Area Contest.
- See newsletter and calendar for schedule of project activities.
- Contest consists of parts ID (pictures), written quiz, and driving course. Written tests serve as record sheet.
- 4-H member may submit safety poster instead of driving.
- See Indiana 4-H website (Projects/Tractor) for parts ID picture quiz materials.
Interested in sponsoring a trophy or award for this project? Please contact the project superintendent or Extension Office at 219-755-3240 to learn more!