Kosciusko County

extension news notice

Purdue Extension: Expert Resources for COVID-19

Purdue Extension disaster specialist urges residents to report flood damage

June 14, 2017

Purdue Extension disaster specialist Abby Hostetler is urging Hoosier property owners and others who might have suffered damage from the recent heavy rains and flooding to file a report with the Indiana Department of Homeland Security.

“We’d rather have people file a report, even if they end up not needing the resources,” said Hostetler. “It helps us to capture the breadth of the disaster and identify those who might need assistance.”

The IDHS is accepting online damage reports at https://oas.dhs.in.gov/hs/damage/ia-public.do?method=active&incidentId=IA20170509102318.

A link to the reporting form is also available on the IDHS website at http://www.in.gov/dhs/. Individuals will be asked to provide their name, address, phone number and type of damage the property sustained. Losses can include structural damage to homes and loss of personal property. Any damage had to occur April 26 or later.

For more information, Indiana residents should contact their county emergency management agency. Contact information is available at http://www.in.gov/dhs/2797.htm.

Recent Stories