- Manuals and record sheets are due to your club leader by July 8.
- Project Check-In: Tuesday, July 16, 4:00 to 8:00 PM CST or Wednesday, July 17, 7:30 to 10:00 AM CST
- Project Judging: Wednesday, July 17 beginning at 1:00 PM CST
Electric Project Leader:
Stephanie Johnson at REMC
Poster - Refer to General Poster Rules
- ALL completed manuals/activity books must be turned in to the 4‑H Club leader by July 8, and must be securely attached in the green “Indiana 4‑H Club Member's Record Book.”
- If any part of your exhibit is on a poster, it must follow the poster rules stated in the front of this Insight book. It is REQUIRED that all posters, notebooks, and display boards include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include website links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as a part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed.
Division I- Getting on Track with Electricity - (4H421)1 State Fair entry
Exhibit: Circuit board labeled parallel or series circuit. “What I Have Done and Learned” is required for county only.
Division II - Scoring Electricity Through Magnetism(4-H422)- 1 State Fair entry
Exhibit: Make a magnetic powered flashlight or exhibit a poster (22" x 28") on a topic described in the manual
Division III - Alternating Your Thoughts About Electricity(4-H423)- 1 State Fair entry
Exhibit one of the following: an extension cord, trouble light, or poster, as outlined in project manual.
Division IV - Lighting the Way(4-H1000) - 1 State Fair entry
Exhibit: one of the following:
- Made or remade lamp
- Display board on any topic in manual (Note: Display boards should be 22”’x28” and be designed so that they can be displayed horizontally)
- Poster on any topic covered in manual.
Advanced Division (Years 5-10 in project)
“Electricity and Electronics” is a book that is being updated and you may find other resources at your local library, electricians, instructors, internet, etc. to provide guidance for your project.
The Advanced Division is split into two different categories. One area is “Advanced Electric –5-10” and the second is “Advanced Electronics 5-10”. You may choose one category for your Advanced 5-10 exhibit.
Exhibit ONE of the following:
- An article made in the area of heating and cooling
- An article made in the area of lighting
- An article made in the area of electronics (advanced division electronic projects may contain and use molded plugs if they are part of the electronic kit)
- An article made in the area of power
- A written report on: consumer buying, better electrical methods, or electrical careers.
- A written notebook report with photos of individual steps (close-up) and overall work, illustrations, explanation of each step performed, explanation of overall work done, reasons for performing work, reasons for selecting materials used, list of materials used and prices (budget), schematics, etc. of electric project. This option allows you to use your imagination and complete any elec-trical project that you cannot physically bring to the fair to exhibit. You could wire a room in a house, the barn, outdoor lighting, indoor lighting, control systems, alarm systems, etc.
- Display board (no larger than 36”x36”x36”) showing home wiring (3-way switch, 4-way switch, GFCI Grounding, Circuit Protection, etc. )
**Attach to the exhibit any kit instructions or book/manuals if you feel they will help explain the operation of the exhibit. This may be important for advanced electronic projects.
The Indiana Electric Association and Indiana Statewide Rural Electric Cooperative will sponsor electric awards, to be awarded during 4-H Awards Program, Thursday evening.
****ELECTRIC 1 MANUALS ARE AVAILABLE HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND PRINT AT HOME. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PRINT AND WOULD LIKE A PAPER COPY PLEASE STOP IN THE OFFICE AND WE CAN PRINT ONE FOR YOU.