This is your online resource for the 4-H Models project. The manual, record sheet and exhibit card are below. If you have any questions, please refer to the Requirement Book or contact the Extension Office.
*If you have trouble accessing any of these documents below because of a disability, please contact the Jackson Co. Extension Office at (812) 358-6101 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the requirements for this project:
ARTS & CRAFTS: MODELS
- Limit the size to 2’x3’x3’. Wood, paper, clay, die-cast, or snap together models are not permitted. Screws are not permitted. Pre-painted or pre-decaled factory models are not permitted.
- Must be of injected styrene plastics.
- At least 25% of the exhibit must be painted.
- Attach to project 4-H-618AW “4-H Craft Information Card” for description of work completed on the project.
- If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total exhibit can properly be displayed.
- For safety purposes any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or look-a-like weapon, will be judged but will not be displayed.
Beginner (Grades 3-5)
Exhibit a plastic or wood model from an age appropriate kit. May include painting. Must include decals (4 or more).
Intermediate (Grades 6-8)
Exhibit a plastic, wood or metal model from an age appropriate kit. Must be painted and include decals (4 or more).
Advanced (Grades 9-12)
Exhibit a plastic, wood, or metal model from an age appropriate kit or from your own design. Must be painted and include decals (4 or more).