Dean Plaut’s Covid-19 Update on February 22, 2022
- Face masks are still required in classrooms, research laboratories and instructional spaces on the West Lafayette campus.
- Face masks are optional in other settings on the West Lafayette campus and Purdue-owned properties in Tippecanoe County, including the Beck Center at ACRE, unless otherwise communicated in advance of the event and with clear signage at the time and location of the event. When masks are required, you must have disposable face coverings available for attendees who need them.
- Examples of situations where face masks are now optional include seminars and meetings – including student clubs.
- You may ask others – including students – to wear a mask when in your office. If individuals do not want to wear a mask, you can meet virtually.
- If you are comfortable going without masks, we suggest you ask others what their preference is – masks or no masks. In this case, take the cue from the individual. If both parties are comfortable being unmasked, this is fine. If the individual is not comfortable being unmasked, we recommend that you wear a mask or offer a virtual option.
- For county Extension offices and off-campus events, local health guidelines regarding face masks must be followed.
- College of Agriculture Event Safety Plans are no longer required for College and Extension events.
- Organizers are still responsible for ensuring events are safely conducted and comply with local and Protect Purdue guidelines that are in effect at the time of the event.
- Approval is now at the department level.
- Please continue to use public health best practices at events, including providing hand sanitizer and distributing seating to the fullest extent possible when dining indoors.
- Student organizations must continue to have their event plan approved by the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Life.
4-H Scorecard Update
April 1, 2022
Time will be spent discussing rationale behind changes to 4-H scorecards. In particular the HHS food preservation team will discuss safety reasons as to why judges are to no longer taste products but can still evaluate exhibits.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 927 2982 5663