Purdue Extension’s Specialists and Educators are responsible for reporting their activities.
Digital Measures (DM) is the system we use to report activities.
DM Virtual Office Hours
Please drop in with your questions. Join the ZOOM session.
(All Times are Eastern.)
How to report race, ethnicity, and gender
Since we are funded by and report to the USDA NIFA, we are expected to report on the race, ethnicity and gender of our participants. Here are some resources to help you.
- Definitions: Here are the definitions.
- Collect demographic information: Take opportunities to ask participants during pre-registration, onsite registration, and online methods as appropriate to the program to gather race, ethnicity and gender. For those programs using Extension CVENT, these demographic questions can be included in registration or in follow-up emailed surveys.
- Paper: You may use this “paper” version.
- Qualtrics: There is a Qualtrics version available. (Please contact Julie Huetteman, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Data – Continuous Quality Improvement
The purpose of the continuous quality improvement program for Digital Measures data includes several activities:
> consistent communication, instructions, and training on how to enter data in DM,
> monthly and quarterly bulk data review and analysis for issues in entered data, with Educator and leadership communication for updates/corrections,
> monthly administrative reviews by leadership for Areas and Program Areas, with Educator communication and follow-up for updates/corrections, and
> annual audit of data with five Educators.
- Consistent communication, instructions and tips on how to enter data in DM
- Julie Huetteman communicates with ELT and our DM Liaisons as new or updated information is available to keep all informed of the current issues. Area Directors and Program Leaders share information through their communication channels, newsletters and emails. DM Liaisons also share information with their Areas at meetings and as appropriate.
- Instruction documents are embedded on the DM screens so that information is at your fingertips when entering data in DM. Within the instruction documents are URLs linking to more specific information and resources.
- On the DM screens, the Help Tips question marks have been updated along with the instructions so that each data field has a popup window to provide a description and some instructions. Just clicking on the DM Help Tips question mark next to the data field will bring this popup window into view.
- DM Office Virtual Hours via ZOOM are made available periodically for Extension personnel to drop in to ask questions.
- Quarterly data analysis for issues in reported data
- Each quarter, administrative reports are run to assess the data. As issues are identified, communication is shared with the Educators and their Area Directors and Program Leaders for reviewing and making corrections or improvements in the data.
- Monthly review by Area Directors and Program Leaders with Educator follow-up
- Extension leadership reviews the data entered by their staff to check for regular and consistent reporting, and for accuracy and completeness of the data. When Area Directors and Program Leaders find discrepancies, they communicate with Educators to assess the information and work toward improved accuracy as appropriate.
- Annual audit of data for five Educators
- Five Educators (one from each District) are randomly selected to show how they documented and tracked the data they entered in Digital Measures. The audit process is a review of the data entered on three screens: 1) Learning Events, 2) Other Activities, and 3) Impact Statements. Educators will be asked to share their process for gathering data and the documentation that they have for what they entered into DM. In May and June, Julie Huetteman, will communicate with five Educators and their Area Director and Program Leaders about scheduling this 1-hour appointment as fits into the Educator calendar in the upcoming months.
Questions? Please email Julie Huetteman, email@example.com.