COVID-19 Information, Resources, and Updates
This Page is a repository of helpful information and resources to assist you as we navigate through the challenges of COVID-19. Check in frequently for the latest information and updates!
Please note that on campus events include both the academic campus AND other Purdue facilities in Tippecanoe County. This means face masks are required at all indoor events at these locations.
Those planning College of Agriculture events need to fill out the College of Agriculture Event Safety Plan survey for all events. We have updated and streamlined it for ease of use.
- Fill out the College of Agriculture Event Safety Plan survey at https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9Ghp1TmgIkChrWS
- Once survey is submitted, it will be directed to the appropriate office for approval.
- Please submit your survey 3 weeks in advance.
- For off-campus events hosted by Extension.
- For OUTDOOR off-campus events hosted by Extension, a safety plan does NOT need to be submitted.
- For INDOOR off-campus events hosted by Extension, fill out the College of Agriculture Event Safety Plan survey at https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9Ghp1TmgIkChrWS
- For off-campus events hosted by Extension that include both indoor and outdoor activities, fill out the safety plan survey JUST for the parts of the event that are held indoors.
- Student organizations must have their event plan approved by the Office of the Vice Provost for Student Life.
For full Fall 2021 events guidelines, visit https://protect.purdue.edu/updates/fall-2021-events-guidelines/
Update from Dean Plout
August 3, 2021
As we prepare for the start of the new academic year, we must plan to have enough staff and faculty on campus to meet the needs of our students and stakeholders. Thank you for your commitment to provide exceptional service to all.
I ask for your continued patience and understanding as guidelines, including face mask requirements, evolve. This is a
difficult time and, in many ways, things are less black and white than last year. As I have throughout the past year, I ask everyone to join in facing these challenging circumstances with compassion, patience and resilience.
Event Safety Checklists & Approval Forms
05/24/2021: Please download and submit the College of Agriculture COVID-19 Event Safety Plan Template 5-24-21 3 weeks prior to the event request. There is NO CHANGE in the guidance on social distancing or face coverings. You will still need to comply with federal, state, and local guidance and the Protect Purdue Plan. The change simply involves the submission of safety plans for Extension events starting June 1, 2021.
For off-campus events hosted by Purdue Extension:
- Events must comply with all current federal, state, county and city restrictions regarding travel, event size and social distancing requirements. (Work with your local health official to understand local guidelines. If your local health official and elected officials cannot agree on guidance, follow their processes for resolution. If they have no process for resolution, work with your local health official to develop a plan and then request a public vote from the local elected officials.)
- If the event is an indoor event, then submit the safety plan to firstname.lastname@example.org (DO NOT send any Extension safety plans to the Provost office)
- If the event is an outdoor event, a safety plan does NOT need to be submitted to Purdue Extension for approval.
- If the event has both indoor and outdoor events, only submit a safety plan for the parts of the event that are held indoors.
11/13/2020: For Extension event safety plans, please indicate that you will monitor changes in the state’s color-coded map (https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2393.htm) to determine the status of state requirements regarding events during the day of your event.
- For events with fewer than 50 attendees, use the College of Agriculture COVID-19 Event Safety Plan template.
- For Extension events with 50 or more attendees, fill out the appropriate form on the Provost’s website and send completed plan only to email@example.com for approval at least 3 weeks prior to the event. Extension event safety plans do NOT need to go to Provost for approval.
- All Extension events will continue to be approved by Extension leadership.
COVID-19 Information and Resources Spreadsheet
Please use this spreadsheet to share content that you have created https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16sQ-nrHZQSjC2o3SA4ocPAYi9jYAPPAI9rwIpj5BWCU/edit?usp=sharing. Examples include social media, web content, newspaper articles, radio interviews, and podcasts.