Below are suggestions/items to think about when pursuing grant funding. Attached is the grant process checklist to help you through the steps.
- Federal and State of Indiana grants require specific reporting, contractual requirements, and documentation. If pursuing these grants start early and contact the Extension Account Manager (EAM), Andrea Kane, at firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
- USDA/NIFA and PHS proposals require an on-line training for responsible conduct in research prior to the proposal submission.
- Local governments and foundations usually have less restrictive applications. Be sure to read the guidelines thoroughly before pursuing the funding.
Grant Process Checklist
1. Discuss the program and funding opportunity with your County Extension Director (CED) and District Director (DD). Their approval emails must be obtained before starting the proposal process.
2. Email the EAM regarding your intent to submit a proposal, the application guidelines and due date, program detail, and estimated budget justification. The EAM will be able to assist you with your questions, preparing budgets, or any other ad hoc issues that may come up as well as provide guidance for the process.
3. Forward the completed proposal package along with the guidelines and CED/DD approvals at least 3 weeks prior to the application deadline to the EAM.
Submitting a proposal with less than 3 weeks’ notice may not be approved, so please keep that in mind.
- Online applications:
- Complete the on-line application. Forward me a copy or send me the URL, Login, and Password for reviewing the application.
- If the on-line application does not allow for saving (survey monkey is one), complete a word document with all the information you will be providing in the application.
4. The EAM will review and finalize with you any concerns that come up. Then the EAM will enter the details into a database and a system-generated email (example attached) will be sent to you for your review, certification, and submission to Pre-Award.
5. Pre-Award will review and prepare for submission. The EAM will be the point of contact to resolve any issues that come up. Once they have reviewed and signed on behalf of Purdue University, they will send it to the EAM for official submission to the sponsor on your behalf. You will be copied or notified via email of final submission.
Please email the Extension Account Manager with any questions you may have! Andrea Kane- email@example.com
Purdue University researchers are making exciting discoveries to support Indiana’s communities and agricultural industries through a competitive internal grant program called AgSEED. AgSEED, short for Agricultural Science and Extension for Economic Development, was established through Crossroads funding from the Indiana Legislature to foster the state’s leadership in plant and animal agriculture and rural growth.
On behalf of Dr. Bernie Engel and Dr. Jason Henderson:
Faculty and Staff,
We are pleased to announce the continuation of the AgSEED program for 2021. AgSEED has successfully funded high-quality research and Extension proposals that have strengthened collaborations across the University. Proposals from the Colleges of Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine and Health and Human Sciences have been funded through AgSEED. For a list of funded projects please click here. The 2021 Request for Proposals is attached. Proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on October 2, 2020. You will not submit through your Pre-Award office. RFP, FAQs and the required cover page are available here.
Research Administration Specialist | Agricultural Research & Graduate Education
615 W. State St., West Lafayette, IN 47907