By: Julie Huetteman, Strategic Initiatives Coordinator
The USDA National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA) has released new guidance about collecting demographic information from Extension program participants. To comply with the new guidance, Purdue Extension has reviewed our current approach, explored options with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team led by Lisa Anderson, Senior Area 10 Director, and Skye Kantola, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator, conferred with our North Central Region University colleagues, and reviewed U.S. Census research.
As a result, we have developed a new approach to collecting demographics. Information is available – instructions, race/ethnicity descriptions, and adult and youth demographic surveys.
- Starting in 2022, all Purdue Extension programs are to transition to this new information about collecting demographic information required by the USDA.
- This document provides information and instructions for Extension personnel.
- DEI and Demographic Presentation at PDC 12/8/21 – recording
- Here are the demographic survey options:
- Paper surveys
- Online Survey – Qualtrics Survey File (QSF)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.