Crafts will be judged by grades.
- A Champion and Reserve Champion will be selected for each grade in each craft if the judge feels there is an article of enough merit to deserve the honor. State Fair entries will be determined by the judges. Champions and Reserve Champions will be selected from the honor group.
- Members may exhibit in more than one craft project (example: 1 exhibit in freelance, 1 exhibit in models).
- All items must be complete and ready for use; if a picture, it must be ready for hanging; needlecraft projects are to be ready for intended use; all other crafts are to be finished as required.
- Each year should be a new learning experience, therefore, more difficult exhibits should be made each year.
- Needlework may be placed in clear plastic bag for display.
- A pair or set is considered one article, i.e. mittens, slippers, salt and pepper shakers, pitcher and bowl, tablecloth and/or napkins.
- Projects not meeting division requirements will be lowered one ribbon grade.
- All crafts must have a 4-H Craft Information Card attached to the project.
- If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total exhibit can be properly displayed.
- For safety purposes, any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or a look-a-like weapon will be judged but will not be displayed.
Attach a completed 4-H Craft Information Card to your project.
Recycling or scrap craft is taking something that has been used that would normally be discarded and recycle it into something decorative or useful.
Examples: Tin can furniture, corn shuck dolls, baler twine wreaths, etc.
- This project is divided by grade category only: (Grades 3-4) (Grades 5-6-7) (Grades 8-9-10-11-12).
- Exhibits must be one technique in a single article or matched sets.
- They must be made from used articles made to serve a different purpose than the original article.
Exhibit: Exhibit one article or set of articles that you have made. Items will be judged according to neatness, originality, usefulness and general appearance.