Crafts will be judged by grades.
- A Champion and Reserve Champion will be selected for each grade in each craft if the judge feels there is an article of enough merit to deserve the honor. State Fair entries will be determined by the judges. Champions and Reserve Champions will be selected from the honor group.
- Members may exhibit in more than one craft project (example: 1 exhibit in freelance, 1 exhibit in models).
- All items must be complete and ready for use; if a picture, it must be ready for hanging; needlecraft projects are to be ready for intended use; all other crafts are to be finished as required.
- Each year should be a new learning experience, therefore, more difficult exhibits should be made each year.
- Needlework may be placed in clear plastic bag for display.
- A pair or set is considered one article, i.e. mittens, slippers, salt and pepper shakers, pitcher and bowl, tablecloth and/or napkins.
- Projects not meeting division requirements will be lowered one ribbon grade.
- All crafts must have a 4-H Craft Information Card attached to the project.
- If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total exhibit can be properly displayed.
- For safety purposes, any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or a look-a-like weapon will be judged but will not be displayed.
During their 4-H career, 4-H members will record their 4-H memories, by taking pictures and dating them, making notes of why the pictures were taken and who is in the pictures. The information and pictures should be placed in a three ring notebook or scrapbook.
Attach a completed 4-H Craft Information Card to your project.
- Beginner—Grades 3-5
- Intermediate—Grades 6-8
- Advanced –Grade 9-12
Each year 4-H member will add more memories to their notebook or scrapbook. Indicate on your exhibit card which pages in your notebook or scrapbook are current year’s work.
Exhibit requirements are the same for all three levels as follows:
Exhibit 4-H Memories in a three-ring binder.
- Insert each page in plastic page protectors.
- Complete the questionnaire page included in the 4-H Memories manual and/or kit to be placed in binder.
- Illustrate the happenings with dated pictures, identify anyone in the picture, or describe the event. Include where and why the picture was taken.
- Turn in record sheet with green folder.