This is your chance to be discovered! Submit a video of your talent. Enter for a chance to win!
For youth currently in 3rd-12th grades in Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby counties. Both 4-H and non-4-H members can submit videos.
Record and submit your video into our virtual performing arts contest by Friday, April 30 using the survey link below for a chance to win giftcards, a chance to perform at the Indiana State Fair on August 22 and to be broadcasted! Need some inspiration? Check out last year's winners: https://youtu.be/FP_0l5Xe8SE
The contest includes three categories of judging and rules (you may enter a video in more than one category):
- Individual or small group-Musical: 1-4 performers and 3-5 minutes with music performed (examples-instrumental [piano, guitar, flute, drums, etc.], vocal, bands [rock, country, jazz]). You decide what musical talent you want to showcase!
- Individual or small group-Non-musical: 1-4 performers and 3-5 minutes with no music performed (examples-skits or sketches, magic, clowning, rhythmic gymnastics, choral reading/speaking, poetry, cheerleading routines, dance [ballet, tap, modern, etc.], lip sync, juggling, acrobatic feats, ballads, puppetry). You decide what non-musical talent you want to showcase!
- Large group: 5 or more performers and 5-8 minutes (examples-skits or sketches, choral number, dance routines, lip sync). You decide what group talent you want to showcase!
Entries will be judged and winners announced in each category in early May. Videos will be evaluated based on your performance, creativity (including any costumes/clothes and background), staging (is the video clear and doesn't move around, performers are visible), and all group members participating (if a small or large group).
If you agree, your video will be included with other submissions and published for you and the public to view. We will only include your first name and county. If you do not want your entry included in the video, please indicate that in the survey form.
We strongly encourage youth to practice social distancing who are submitting group acts. Consider recording your parts separately and combining them, standing at least 6 feet apart, or using platforms such as Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, or Zoom to record simultaneously.
Any submissions that contain inappropriate language and/or actions, which includes indecent clothing, will be disqualified at the discretion of the event coordinator. This includes what may be in your video background and lyrics in your music.
- A person whose only contribution to the act is that of being piano or other accompanist is not considered part of the act and therefore does not have to be a youth. This is because this provides music in a similar capacity as a tape provides music.
- Note for 4-H members: Cloverbuds/mini- or exploring 4-H’er(s) (not yet in 3rd grade) may NOT perform in individual acts. They can only be a part of a group act IF the Cloverbud/mini- or exploring 4-H’er is associated with a regular 4-H club which includes older members, and the majority of the group act performers are active 4-H members in grades 3-12.
READY? Survey link to submit your entry (have your video file ready): https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_42YXkouforNXEAR
Interested in joining 4-H or have questions about this contest? Contact Dustin Homan, email@example.com, 317.275.9283