September 18, 2019
Dear Franklin County 4-H Member,
Included in this letter is a link to the camp counselor application for 2020. The dates for 4-H Camp are Sunday through Tuesday, June 7-9, 2020 at Camp Higher Ground in West Harrison, IN.
4-H members in grades 9-12 can apply to be counselors. You must be able to attend 3 out of 5 counselor trainings, they will be hosted in Henry County and Wayne County.
The dates are:
- Wednesday, January 22, 4:30 – 8 PM, New Castle Library, Henry County
- Thursday, February 20, 4:30 – 8 PM, New Castle Library, Henry County
- Monday, March 9, 4:30 – 8 PM, Wayne County Fairgrounds, Richmond
- Tuesday, April 7, 4:30 – 8 PM, Wayne County Fairgrounds, Richmond
- Tuesday, May 5, 4:30 – 8 PM, Wayne County Fairgrounds, Richmond
This year we have added two dates to serve as camp planning sessions, we'd like to have the counselors more involved in the camp planning and teaching some of the classes at camp. If you would like to help select the camp theme, programming topics, activities, and more, make sure you are available to attend the January and February meetings!
Transportation is provided to the counselor trainings for some counties, but depending on the number we have apply, we may need assistance with transportation. Check with your county Extension Office for more information.
Past counselors must reapply each year, but do not need references.
If you are interested, please follow this link to apply: http://bit.ly/2m0nhq4 by November 12.
Please let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!!
Angie Riffle, firstname.lastname@example.org
CED, Extension Educator
4-H Youth Development