Save the Date - Join us for Indiana's only conference focused on organic grain!
The 2020 Indiana Organic Grain Farmer Meeting is scheduled for February 19-20, 2020 and returns to the Beck Agricultural Center in West Lafayette, Indiana. This annual education and networking event brings together the growing organic grain farming community in Indiana and surrounding states. Mark your calendar and plan to join us for this great event!
Participants will have the opportunity to register for one or both days of the program. Registration will be available starting December 9.
On Wednesday, February 19, a full-day workshop focused on transitioning to organic grain production will be offered. The workshop is designed for farmers exploring a transition of acreage to organic grain production and those with ground in transition. Presentations and farmer panel discussions will cover:
- Certification and transition process
- National Organic Program regulation
- Organic and transitional crop budgets and markets
- Basics of organic grain production
- Transition strategies.
On Thursday, February 20, the full day of education and networking will include breakout sessions, farmer panels, networking time, and an industry trade show. Topics will cover:
- Weed management
- Diverse cropping systems
- Technology in organic row crop production
- Organic no-till research updates and farmer experience
- ...and more to come.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Klaas Martens, Lakeview Organics
- Megan Wallendal, Wallendal Farms
- Matthew Fitzgerald, Fitzgerald Organics
- Dr. Erin Silva, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dr. Michael Langemeier, Purdue University
- Mark Seeley, OnMark Certification Services
- Will Glazik, Cow Creek Farm
- Jason Federer, Living Prairie Family Farms
- Michael O'Donnell, Purdue Extension
- ...and more to come.
SPONSOR AND EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES:
Interested in supporting this education and networking event as an exhibitor or sponsor? We are still working on our Sponsor and Exhibitor Information Document and registration page for the 2020 event, but look for registration to go live on December 9. Note that the trade show occurs on Thursday, February 20, but table setup will be available starting late afternoon on Wednesday, February 19. Plan ahead! Contact Michael O'Donnell at 765-284-8414 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
A limited block of rooms at the Four Points by Sheraton in West Lafayette is being held at a conference rate of $129.00 per night through January 18. To book a room at the block rate, contact Four Points by Sheraton at 765-463-5511 for the ‘Indiana Organic Grain Meeting’ block.
Have ideas, suggestions, or questions about the event? Contact Michael O'Donnell, Organic & Diversified Agriculture educator, at email@example.com or 765-284-8414 or visit www.purdue.edu/dffs/organicag. To stay informed about this event and other programs offered by Purdue Extension-Organic Agriculture, sign up for our email list.