Teens as Teachers is an opportunity for teams of 3-5 youth and one adult mentor to learn how to be teachers and subject matter experts of a topic of their choice, and are empowered to deliver programming to their community. This training is for youth in grades 8-11. In addition to studying the subject matter of their choice, youth will learn fundamentals of hands-on learning, ages and stages of youth development, public speaking, and lesson planning.
- Teens as Teachers will be held in February, 2021, using a combination of virtual and in-person programming .
- 3 virtual, one-hour sessions will be held on February 9, 16, and 23, each from 7-8 p.m. (ET) - these are designed to give you the basics of how to be an effective teen teacher. You can join these sessions via Zoom from the comfort of your home.
- One morning session will be held on February 27, from 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. You will join together with your team for an in-person training facilitated by presenters joining you virtually. This session will focus on your subject matter of choice (see below for options). The in-person training will follow all safety protocols.
- Registration fee for the Teens as Teachers program is $35/youth participant. There is no registration fee for one adult mentor/team.
- Teams will register through their county 4-H Educator. Educators will register teams through 4-H Online.
- Registration deadline is February 2, 2021.