Beginning farmers who want to take their operation to the next level can receive profitable business tools and training during a farm viability workshop presented by a specialty crop farmer and farm business consultant.
Nathan Boone, an organic grower with experience in commercial vegetable, herb and flower production, will present a wide range of issues facing Indiana’s small farmers, from the personal dimensions of farm life to market development and planning.
Attendees for this workshop can learn about:
- Developing/refining a vision, personal goals and objectives.
- Understanding your farm strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis).
- Financial record-keeping systems.
- Monthly cash flow projections.
- Profit and loss/income statements.
- Balance sheets to understand farm assets and liabilities.
- Enterprise budgets.
- Enterprise analysis.
- Cost of production and break-even analysis.
- Loan preparation.
- Business plan development.
Cost of the program is $10.00 and includes lunch.