Why belong to an Extension Homemaker Club?
There's a real beauty in belonging to an Extension Homemaker Club. In your club you will meet women who are a lot like you. They are concerned about their families, have similar lifestyles, and encounter similar situations.
Clubs meet monthly to learn more about their home and community and to have a good time with each other. Some clubs take trips and participate in community service activities. All clubs have a good time and meet new people.
Your club will give you a chance to share ideas with these women. And by sharing your time and efforts with them, everyone learns. Sound fun and inspiring? It is!
But needless to say, the more sincere your effort and the more you invest in your club, the more you'll gain from it. So be a club investor – and reap the many benefits your club has to offer.
Learn about the clubs in your area! Contact the Extension Office at 574-533-0554.
Opportunities for YOU!
- The Elkhart County Extension Homemakers provide 8-10 educational programs throughout the year.
- These lessons are free and open to the general public.
- Download a copy of the upcoming programs for the 2020-21 club year.
- Interested in attending? Please call the Extension Office at 574-533-0554 to register.
Heritage Skills Classes
The Heritage Skills Classes provides half-day and full-day classes to learn and appreciate family heritage and heirloom skills. This is an annual event scheduled on a Saturday mid-February. Information for next year's classes will be available in the Home and Family Arts Building at the 2020 Elkhart County 4-H Fair. (Cancelled) To view or download a copy of the Heritage Skills class descriptions and a registration form, click here.
For our Extension Homemakers
Over the Coffee Cup Newsletter
- September/October 2020
- July/August 2020
- May/June 2020 - Not available
- March/April 2020
- January/February 2020
- November/December 2019
- September/October 2019
- July/August 2019
- May/June 2019
Not all forms are available year round. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Club Officer sheet 2020-21 club year
- Committee Information
- Cultural Arts Entry Form- Cancelled for 2020
- Educational Lesson Information - download the information
- Enrollment Form 20-21 (new member forms and dues are sent to the current county treasurer)
- Homemaker of the Year
- 2020 Home and Family Conference Registration - Cancelled for 2020
- Safe Haven Wish List
- 2020 Elko Retreat Agenda/Information - Cancelled for 2020
- 2020 Elko Retreat Registration Form - Cancelled for 2020
- Hostessing and Craft/Needlework Demonstrations
- Educational Booths 2020 Fair - Booth Info For Clubs - Cancelled for 2020
- 2020 Fashion Show Instructions and Registration Form - Cancelled for 2020
- 2020 HFA Open Class Book - Cancelled for 2020
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Monday, July 13th - Cleaning the building 8 a.m. until finished (bring buckets, rags, cleaners)
- Thursday, July 16th - Fashion Show judging 7 p.m. Help is needed to set up the tables after the show for check-in day.
- Monday, July 20th - Check-in day 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 21st - Judging Day 9 a.m. Help need to run items to judges' tables and set up displays.
- Thursday, July 23rd - Culinary Arts (Baking/Cake Decorating) entries and judging 7:30 - 11 a.m. and 12-3 p.m. Help as needed runners and to set up for fashion show and open house.
- Sunday, August 2nd - Check-out Day 1 - 2 to 5 p.m. Help needed to run items to tables for pick up.
- Monday, August 3rd - Check-out Day 2 - Noon to 5 p.m. Again help needed.
Volunteer Community Support
- Indiana Donor Network - Threads of Compassion
- Infant Hats
It is the mission of the Indiana Extension Homemakers Association to strengthen families through continuing education, leadership development and volunteer community support. To learn more about the Association visit their website at http://www.ieha-families.org