Soil and Water Science
Interested in learning more about how important soil and water are to keeping our earth clean? Learn about the importance of soil and water quality, how they interact, and how we can protect and preserve them to keep our earth clean!
How can you showcase what you learned?
Show what you learned by creating a poster to exhibit at the Marion County Showcase!
What are the guidelines for showcasing/ exhibiting your project at the fair?
- Cloverbud 4-H members: Share what you have learned using a poster or notebook. Suggestions:
- An experiment with soil or water such as a soil sediment jar, water filtration experiment, water testing experiment, or experiment with erosion.
- Poster or notebook displaying what you have learned about soil or water pollution, or about the effects of worms or other soil organisms on soil quality.
- Note: A reference list must be included with your poster or notebook.
- Classic 4-H members: Exhibits are divided into three suggested levels: Level 1-grades 3-5, Level 2-grades 6-8, and Level 3- grades 9-12.
Note: A reference list must be included with your poster or notebook.
- Cloverbud 4-H members--no scorecard
- Classic 4-H members
Classic 4-H members: Could your project advance to the state fair? Yes
How can you learn more about this project? (e.g., manuals, workshops)
Learn about soil and water science by completing activities in the following 4-H manuals:
- Grades 3-5: Soil and Water Science, Level 1
- Grades 6-8: Soil and Water Science, Level 2
- Grades 9-12: Soil and Water Science, Level 3
Visit the Indiana 4-H’s Soil and Water Science webpage for more resources.