Learn safe operation of firearms and archery equipment. Six disciplines are offered: archery, outdoor skills, muzzle loading/black powder, pistol, rifle, and shotgun. The disciplines offered in our county will depend on the availability of certified 4-H shooting sports instructors.
How can you showcase what you learned?
Create an exhibit that shows the public what you learned in shooting sports education this year.
What are the guidelines for showcasing/ exhibiting your project at the fair?
- Cloverbud 4-H members: None. You must be a classic 4-H member to participate in shooting sports.
- Classic 4-H members : Note--There are different guidelines based on your age/grade level.
- Cloverbud 4-H members--no scorecard
- Note: A reference list must be included with your poster or notebook.
Classic 4-H members: Could your project advance to the state fair? Yes
How can you learn more about this project? (e.g., manuals, workshops)
Contact Marion County Shooting Sports Club Leader Kristen Shipe at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the club, and consider joining!
You can learn about shooting sports by doing the activity guide below:
Record sheets to write down what you learned:
- Shooting Sports Exhibit Record Sheet
- Shooting Sports Summary Record Sheet
- Shooting Sports Personal Goals Record
- Shooting Sports Meeting Record
- Shooting Sports Independent Study Record Sheet (Advanced)
- Shooting Sports Independent Study Record Sheet (Mentoring)
Other helpful information:
Visit the Indiana 4-H’s Shooting Sports webpage for more resources.