How can you showcase what you learned?
The project is divided into four different levels.
What are the guidelines for showcasing/ exhibiting your project at the fair?
- Cloverbud 4-H members: The purpose of this project is to learn more about flowers. A Cloverbud can exhibit one of the following:
- A flower (plant or cut flower) that he/she grew this year from seed. Please exhibit in a simple, unbreakable container.
- A house plant that he/she has cared for.
- Poster or notebook detailing the parts of a flower, different types of flowers/herbs, the proper way to plant flowers/herbs, or showing the life cycle of a flowering plant.
- Note: A reference list must be included with your poster.
- A simple flower arrangement using flowers you have grown or purchased.
- Cloverbud 4-H members--no scorecard
- Classic 4-H members:
- Grades 3 and 4: Floriculture Level A Scorecard
- Grades 5 and 6: Floriculture Level B Scorecard
- Grades 7-9: Floriculture Level C Scorecard
- Grades 10-12: Floriculture Level D Scorecard (Flower)
- Grades 10-12: Floriculture Level D Scorecard (Plant)
- All grades: Floriculture Poster Notebook Scorecard
How can you learn more about this project? (e.g., manuals, workshops)
Learn about floriculture by completing the activities in the following 4-H manuals:
- Grades 3 and 4: Floriculture, Level A
- Grades 5 and 6: Floriculture, Level B
- Grades 7-9: Floriculture, Level C
- Grades 10-12: Floriculture, Level D
Keep track of what you learned by using a record sheet found on the Indiana 4-H Floriculture website located under “Record Sheets”.
Visit the Indiana 4-H’s Floriculture webpage for more resources.