We spend a lot of time and money on clothing. The Consumer Clothing project will help you increase awareness of the clothing industry (where to shop, how much do clothes cost, what are they made of, who designs clothes, etc.).
How can you showcase what you learned?
Enter a notebook, prepare an outfit, and model your outfit for judges at the Marion County Showcase!
What are the guidelines for showcasing/ exhibiting your project at the fair?
- Cloverbud 4-H members: Choose one of the following:
- Design an outfit that you have purchased or have at home in your closet. Include the accessories you wear with this outfit.
- Design a poster of a current trend (something everyone is wearing now) for your age group. It can focus on color, texture, or style.
- Find an outfit at your favorite store, from a newspaper ad or online that you really like. Put together an expense sheet (how much each item will cost), then try to find similar items at a lower or higher cost. Show the difference in cost between the two outfits.
- Classic 4-H members: Model your outfit during the Fashion Revue, too!
- Cloverbud 4-H members--no scorecard
- Classic 4-H members: Note: A reference list must be included with your poster, notebook or display board.
Classic 4-H members: Could your project advance to the state fair? Yes
How can you learn more about this project? (e.g., manuals, workshops)
You can learn about consumer clothing by doing one of the 4-H manuals below, based on your age: