About the 4-H Needle Craft Project
Contact the Marion County 4-H office:
Needle Craft Project Resources
- Arts and crafts workshops are held frequently in Marion County. Keep an eye on Clover News for announcements!
- Ask your club leader or other caring adult you know for help.
- See Indiana 4-H’s Arts & Crafts project page for more ideas.
Showcasing What You’ve Learned
Project exhibits are submitted for judging at the annual Marion County Showcase. You may enter as many projects as you want, but consider which of your pieces you are most proud of and want to showcase. Create and exhibit age/grade-appropriate artwork.
- Needle craft does not include latch hook, plastic canvas, machine knitting, machine quilting, or arm knitting/crocheting.
- If multiple pieces make up your exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached so the total exhibit can be displayed.
- Needle craft project exhibit guidelines for 4-H members grades 3-12
Forms & Score Cards
- All arts and crafts entered must have a 4-H Craft Information Card attached.
- Needle Craft Score Card. Judges evaluating exhibits recognize individual differences and creativity and use the score card as a guide rather than a requirement.
Advancing to the State Fair
- Yes! Needle craft project exhibits from 4-H members grades 3 and up may advance to the State Fair.
Cloverbuds (Grades K-2)
- Cloverbud 4-H members can create and enter any piece of art or craft, with a limit of four entries total in any of the categories.
- Cloverbud projects are for exhibition only (not judged), so there are no scorecards, and exhibits are not eligible to advance to the State Fair.