4-H School Enrichment is a partnership between the Purdue Extension and a school district to provide educational content in various subject areas. We value our relationship with the schools and welcome the opportunity to provide research-based curricula, training, and in-class programs for classrooms.
A 4-H School Enrichment Program:
- Is a well-planned program offered during school hours or in an afterschool program.
- Involves direct teaching by Extension Educator, trained volunteers, or teachers.
- Follows a sequence of hands-on learning experiences.
- Includes a series of lessons.
- Enriches and supplements the formal school curriculum.
Purdue Extension- LaGrange County
4-H/Youth Development Extension Educator
What We Offer:
LaGrange County 4-H checks out kits revolving around our 4-H National Science Day Series:
- Code Your World- Includes a computer-based activity on Google’s CS First platform and three unplugged activities.
- Game Changers- Teaches youth how to use computer science to create games, solve problems and engage with topics they’re passionate about.
- Mars Base Camp- A collection of activities that teaches kids STEM skills like mechanical engineering, physics, computer science, and agriculture.
- Explorers of the Deep- Activities develop observational and critical thinking skills while exploring the interconnected nature between the ocean and humans, regardless of where they live.
More kits are being put together. Please check back at a later date to see if we have added more!
Here is a list of the programs that LaGrange 4-H currently offers, If there is a need that you notice is not being met, please let me know and we can work to provide programming to best serve the youth.
The current programs offered for Elementary & Middle schools are:
- Blending Exercise and Nutrition- Students learn about calories in and calories out and how what we put in can affect our physical and mental health. Students are able to learn this through a few activities, but the big hit is the blender bike which makes smoothies.
- Physics and Art: Students learn about physics while also creating their very own spin-art. The Spin-art bike allows youth to learn about the basics of physics and simple machines while also getting to make art.
Highschool Programs Offered:
- #Adulting 101- These lessons provide information on some basic skills that youth will need as they enter adulthood. The lessons can be completed as a group or individually.
- Work Ready- This program teaches life skills necessary to increase the number of qualified applicants for Indiana job openings.