Livestock posters may be exhibited for the following species: Beef, Cat, Dairy, Dairy Goat, Dog, Meat Goat, Pet, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep and Swine. Cat, Dog, Poultry and Rabbit posters may be exhibited at the State Fair (one per each level). All others are county projects only.
A completed record sheet signed by your 4-H leader must be presented, along with your exhibit, at project check-in at the fair.
This project is divided into three levels according to the following breakdown:
Level 1 Grades 3, 4, & 5
Level 2 Grades 6, 7, & 8
Level 3 Grades 9 and above
- This project is open to any 4-Her interested in learning about Livestock.
- Posters should be educational in nature and may be on any topic covered in the manual.
- All Livestock posters will be entered and judged with the building projects on the opening Friday of the fair.
- All posters must be 22" x 28", exhibited horizontally, mounted on a firm backing (foam-core board or other) and covered in clear plastic or transparent material.
- Place a small label in the lower right-hand corner with the following information: name, grade, club, project and level.
- Refer to “How To Prepare A Poster Project” in this handbook for details on preparing posters.
- It is recommended/suggested that all posters, notebooks, and display boards must include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include web site links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed.
Level 1: Exhibit a poster made on something learned in the Level 1 Manual
Level 2: Exhibit a poster made on something learned in the Level 2 Manual
Level 3: Exhibit a poster made on something learned in the Level 3 Manual.