A completed record sheet signed by your 4-H leader must be presented, along with your exhibit, at project check-in at the fair.
This project is divided into three levels:
Level 1 Grades 3-5
Level 2 Grade 6-8
Level 3 Grades 9-12
- Exhibit an article or display made of discarded items. Projects are judged on creativity, originality, neatness and usefulness. Posters must be 22 x 28
- Members must attach a 5” x 8” card to their project, which briefly explains to the judge what has been done for the project.
Project Description: The Fountain County Recycling Project was developed to help 4-H’ers learn to redefine waste by finding alternative uses for items. Recycling can be thought of as either Old Recycling or Modern Day Recycling. Examples might include:
- Quilts from old clothing
- Rag rugs
- Feed sack dish towels
- Clothing out of curtains
- Curtains out of old sheets
- Milk crate shelving
- Metal art
- Barn siding picture frames
- 2-liter bottle bird feeders
- Candle holders from jars, etc.
- Wind chimes from silverware, etc.
Level 1 – Maximum exhibit 3’ x 3’ x 3’
Level 2 - Maximum exhibit 4’ x 4’ x 4
Level 3 - Maximum exhibit 5’ x 5’ x 5