MUSIC-County Only Project
There will be no State Fair exhibits for this project.
A completed record sheet signed by your 4‑H leader must be presented, along with your exhibit, at project check-in at the fair.
This project is divided into three levels according to the following breakdown:
Level 1 Grades 3, 4, & 5
Level 2 Grades 6, 7, & 8
Level 3 Grades 9 and above
Project Description: The Fountain County Music Project was developed to give 4-H’ers an opportunity to learn more about music theory, instruments and develop an appreciation of music.
- Posters must be 22" x 28", exhibited horizontally, must have a firm backing and a transparent covering.
- Place a small label in lower right hand corner of exhibit with the following information: Name, Grade/Age, Club, Project and Level.
- Refer to "How To Prepare A Poster Project" in this handbook for details on preparing posters.
- The exhibit should be of an educational content including pictures or diagrams and written information.
- Posters must be on a different subject each year.
- It is recommended/suggested that all posters, notebooks, and display boards include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include web site links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed or a lack thereof.
Level 1: Exhibit a poster on one of the following:
- History of a musical instrument
- Biography of a composer born before 1700
- Music of a country or nation
Level 2: Exhibit a poster on one of the following:
- Music Appreciation
- Music Genre (A music genre is a term that describes the process of dividing different kinds of music into categories)
- Biography of a composer born between 1700 and 1900
Level 3: Exhibit a poster on one of the following:
- Biography of a composer born after 1900
- Music artist/group band
- Other information that demonstrates an understanding of music, instruments or musical concepts.
Record Sheet: C4-H 300 (Rev 11/14)