EEO Counselors cover 10 areas around the state in Purdue Extension. EEO Counselors deal more with the legal obligation to be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and create an atmosphere of inclusiveness and adherence to those EEO/ADA and Civil Rights Laws.
The role of the EEO Counselor is to:
- Help increase awareness of area educators about our commitment to EEO, ADA and Civil Rights Laws.
- Establish an open channel for employees to raise questions, discuss grievances.
- Get answers to questions, and on an informal basis, gain resolution to problems
- Serve as bridges between employees (or applicants) and administration in helping to guide the employee or applicant to the correct resource if needed.
- Keep complete records of interactions. (It should be understood that counselors do not attempt to resolve formal complaints).
- Conduct Exit Interviews with employees that voluntarily leave Purdue Extension.