The 2018 Boone County Master Gardener Annual Report is available as an attachment to this article. Some highlights include:
- 51 Master Gardener Volunteers donated 2,102.49 hours of volunteer service
- Volunteer service valued at over $50,000!
- Boone County Community Gardens donated over 3,500 pounds of produce to local kitchens and food pantries
- Junior Master Gardener Program launched
- Boone County Master Gardeners assist Habitat for Humanity with landscape design and teaching new homeowners how to care for and maintain their landscape
Read the attached report for more details on the exciting year.
The next Boone County Master Gardener Intern Training will be held this summer and fall. Classes will be held Monday evenings from 6-9 p.m. at the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds in Lebanon, August through November. This 39-hour, 13-session training covers a variety of aspects of home horticulture including lawn care, tree care, vegetable gardening, landscape plants and more. For additional information and to be placed on a contact list for the next class please contact Boone County Master Gardener Coordinator Curt Emanuel at 765-482-0750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.