Applications are now being accepted for the Indiana 4-H Dairy Youth Academy, a program for students in grades 10-12 who want to learn more about careers in the dairy industry.
Academy participants will meet industry professionals and attend workshops on farm management, veterinary medicine and agribusiness.
The program includes tours of dairy farms throughout Indiana and a trip to the National 4-H Dairy Youth Conference in Wisconsin.
A panel of Purdue Extension representatives will select 14 academy delegates based on their leadership experience and a written application. There is a $100 enrollment fee for applicants who are selected to participate.
To be eligible, applicants must:
* Be enrolled in grades 10-12 by Sept. 1.
* Be currently enrolled in 4-H.
* Be able to commit to the Dairy Youth Academy from September 2015 through August 2016.
* Not be exhibiting animals at the World Dairy Expo this year.
* Not be participating in the National 4-H Dairy Cattle Judging Contest during the current year.
Applications and more information can be found at https://www.extension.purdue.edu/dairy/.
Sponsors of the Dairy Youth Academy are the Purdue Extension Dairy Youth Activities Council, the American Dairy Association of Indiana Inc., Indiana Dairy Producers, the Indiana Soybean Alliance and NorthStar Cooperative Inc.