The 4-H Rabbit Project provides youth a fun and hands-on learning experience that develops life skills, as well as teaches valuable information about properly caring for their animal. Subjects such as general care, nutrition housing, and health care are presented in the curricular materials, through workshops and activities such as Rabbit Ambassadors and in preparation for an exhibit. Youth also have the opportunity to develop responsibility, decision-making, nurturing, and communication
4-H members (Grades 3 – 12) must identify all Beef and Dairy Cattle, Goats, Horses, Llamas, Sheep, Rabbits and Swine in the 4HOnline system by the species deadline or earlier county deadline if applicable* to be eligible for exhibition. Login to your family profile at https://in.4honline.com for Animal Identification Instructions.
- All 4-H Rabbits must be entered into 4HOnline no later than May 15th at in.4honline.com
- All Rabbits exhibiting at the Pulaski County Fair must be declared by June 1st at pulaskicountyin.fairentry.com
- All Rabbits members must be YQCA certified to exhibit by June 1st.
- Rabbit Tattooing will be Saturday, June 13, from 9-11 am at the fairgrounds.
Grooming assistance rule for all species:
4-H members may receive clipping and grooming assistance for all species, on show day, only from the following:
- Immediate family (parent/guardian, sibling, aunt/uncle).
- A current Indiana 4-H member
- Indiana 4-H member's name and enrollment of county must be turned into the Extension Office by June 1st.
- An individual enrolled in the Indiana 4-H Approved Animal Grooming Assistance Program.
- Approved Groomers must enroll annually by June 1st
- Completion of the online Animal Ethics modules. Modules can be found online at https://extension.purdue.edu/4h/Pages/online-animal-ethics-program.aspx
- Contact the Extension Office on current info on how to enroll.
- Approved groomers must submit a copy of their acceptance email, sent by the State 4-H Office, to the Extension Office.
Please see related files below for Pulaski County 4-H Rabbit Project